Kittie M. Sanson Chapel
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Barber-Scotia College was established in 1876 by The Reverand Luke Dorland, a missionary who came to Cabarrus County to establish a college to educate young black women in the South. Scotia Seminary merged in 1930 with Barber Memorial Institute. Barber-Scotia College has been co-ed since 1954.
Barber-Scotia College. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1985.
Cozart, Leland Stanford. A Venture of Faith: Barber-Scotia College, 1867-1967. Charlotte, NC: Heritage Printers, 1976.
Facilities Master Plan. 1992. Barber-Scotia College, West Concord, NC.
Facilities Master Plan. 2003. Barber-Scotia College, West Concord, NC.
"Scotia Seminary: A Noble Institution Takes Roots in Troubled Times, 1866-1912." In the Beginning: Special Commemorative Edition of the Index. [s.l.: s.n., n.d.].