| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
In 1909, pivotal to the school's early academic plans was the addition of a gymnasium named in honor of Coach Leslie Judd who was a pioneer in the sport of gymnastics. Inscribed in the turret of the building are the words: "YMCA Training School." The complex consists of two gymnasia. Originally it housed McCurdy Natatorium which was used as a testing and research facility for swimmers. The building was designed by famous New York architect Edward L. Tilton who also built the college's original library. Judd was home to many of the fathers of physical education and basketball hall of fame inductees. It also was host to many of the early basketball games in the United States.