| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Sorin Hall was built in 1913 as a Sisters' dwelling and infirmary. The two-story, hipped roof structure is a simple rectangular block with little ornamentation. On the main façade, a central gabled portico supported by Ionic columns on brick bases is flanked by four bays of wood sash windows. Brick soldier courses form a belt course and water table above the stone basement. What was originally a two-story gallery on the south and east façade is partially enclosed now at the second level.
Bell, Klein & Hoffman, Architects and Restoration Consultants. Saint Edward's University: A Presentation Analysis for Five Older Campus Buildings. Austin, TX: Bell, Klein & Hoffman, Architects and Restoration Consultants, 1981.
Dunn, William H. Saint Edward's University: A Centennial History. Austin, TX: Saint Edward's University Press, 1986.