Smith Library Center
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
A collaborative effort of the University and the Georgetown City Council secured the funds to build the Cody Memorial Library. Congressman Lyndon Johnson helped Southwestern and the City through the maze of federal agencies to secure a grant from the Public Works Administration.
While the library expanded in two later projects, the original Cody Memorial Library, named for Dean C.C. Cody, remains intact and well preserved.
The Cody Memorial Library is the permanent home for Senator John Tower's Collection.
Bigley, John. History of Southwestern University Library. [s.l.: s.n., n.d.].
Jones, Ralph Wood. Southwestern University 1840 - 1961. Austin, TX: Jenkins Publishing Co., 1973.