| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built in 1868, Pulliam is home to Baker's Communication department. This rustic yet sturdy building recently became Baker's fourth classroom building to be added to the National Register of Historic Places. Once known as Old Stone Church, Pulliam was built in 1872 and was the first church in Baldwin City. The building was renovated and rededicated in 1978 when it became the Pulliam Center in honor of Eugene C. Pulliam, publisher of a Pulitzer-prize winning newspaper and graduate of Baker Academy, a prep school for Baker University.
Ebright, Homer Kingsley. The History of Baker University. Baldwin, KS: [Baker University], 1951.