Lynn Wood Hall & Heritage Museum
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Constructed in 1924 and called College Hall, this structure was renamed Lynn Wood Hall in 1945 to honor Lynn H. Wood, president in 1914-15 and 1918-22. Restored in 1989-90, it houses the alumni's Heritage Museum, the Advancement Office, the Alumni Office, the Planned Giving Office, a chapel, and conference rooms. It is the only remaining structure of the junior college campus.
Lynn Wood Hall was the third major building constructed on the Collegedale campus after the school moved from Graysville in 1917. Men's and women's residence halls were constructed first and then this building was erected to house administration, classrooms, and everything else that happened on the campus. The building has an assembly room. The Chapel was restored in 1988 along with the first two floors of the building.
Lynn Wood Hall houses the Heritage Museum, which exhibits historical artifacts telling the story of the school from its early years to present day.