Hackman Hall & Lynn H Wood Archaeological Museum
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
E.F. Hackman, president of the Southern Union and college board chair, guided the university through building upgrades, faculty development and the first senior college accreditation in 1950. Hackman Hall, also completed in 1950, honors this influential man. The building was originally built to house the science departments, but after recent renovations, the School of Religion moved to Hackman Hall.
The Lynn H. Wood Archaeological Museum is being developed to house an extensive teaching collection of Near Eastern artifacts donated by Dr. William Dever of the University of Arizona. This is scheduled to open in the fall of 2004.