| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
In 1954, the First President's house, located north of campus, was demolished to make way for the Sprain Book Parkway. The third and current president's house, built in 1921 by Louis Bowman, is an example of 16th century Tudor architecture. Its living room features restored carved beams, representing the various trades, from a 16th century Tudor mansion in England. Additionally, above the mantel a Christian creation story is told in intricate wood carving. Furthermore, legend has it that a secret panel exists in the living room leading to a wine cellar, which was built during Prohibition.