| Click on image titles for larger views. |
| Institution Name: Saint Vincent College |
Original/Historic Place Name: Alfred Hall
Location on Campus: 300 Fraser Purchase Rd.
Date(s) of Construction: Designer: Br. Wolfgang Traxler, O.S.B.
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Romanesque revival (Glossary)
Significance: architecture, culture, education, engineering, history, religion
Narrative: see below
References: see below
| Materials: |
|ca. 1907||residence hall|
|ca. 1907-present (2006)||classrooms|
|ca. 2004-present (2006)||academic department building (academic offices)|
|ca. 2004-present (2006)||administration|
In the last 90 years, the building has been renovated to suit current usage and contemporary codes. It is, however, still in need of a systematic renovation/restoration.
Since 1907 this has been one of the most used buildings in the college. It was the first building to break out of the "quadrangle" design of the campus master plan and the first building to be built by outside contraction. Today it serves as the main administration and classroom building.