Penick Hall of Science
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Penick Hall of Science was built in 1950 to house various departments in the Division of Natural Sciences and Mathematics. In 1989, it was remodeled and renovated. As times have changed, so have functions and opportunities, with emphasis on different sciences and mathematics. This building honors the memory of Bishop Charles Penick of the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina.
Boykin, James H. "St. Augustine's College, 1938-1958." Typescript. [1958?]. Archives, St. Augustine's College, Raleigh, NC.
Brown, David W. St. Augustine's College Campus. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/ National Park Service, 1980.
Chitty, Arthur Ben. A Brief History of St. Augustine's College. [s.l: s.n., n.d.].
Halliburton, Cecil D. A History of St. Augustine's College 1867-1937. Raleigh, NC: Edwards and Broughton Company, 1937.
Roundtree, Thelma Johnson. Strengthening the Ties that Bind: A History of Saint Augustine's College. Raleigh, NC: St. Augustine's College, 2002.