| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Cheshire Hall is a two-story rectangular brick structure with classical revival detailing. It was built in 1930 as a dining hall and domestic science classroom facility. It has also housed the music department and three guest rooms. This area has welcomed many visitors to concerts that were performed in the balconies. The building has been renovated and now functions as the Division of Business and Computer Science. Cheshire Hall is a tribute to the memory of Bishop Cheshire.
Boykin, James H. "St. Augustine's College, 1938-1958." Typescript. [1958?]. Archives, St. Augustine's College, Raleigh, NC.
Brown, David W. St. Augustine's College Campus. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/ National Park Service, 1980.
Chitty, Arthur Ben. A Brief History of St. Augustine's College. [s.l: s.n., n.d.].
Halliburton, Cecil D. A History of St. Augustine's College 1867-1937. Raleigh, NC: Edwards and Broughton Company, 1937.
Roundtree, Thelma Johnson. Strengthening the Ties that Bind: A History of Saint Augustine's College. Raleigh, NC: St. Augustine's College, 2002.