| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The building is named to honor the memory of Dr. Hunter, third president of Saint Augustine's Normal and Collegiate School, and his wife Mrs. Hunter, who was the Superintendent of Saint Agnes Hospital. It is an H-shaped brick building with classical revival detailing. It was built 1924 to partially replace the Lyman Building and provide administrative and classroom space. It now contains the development offices and the registrar.
Boykin, James H. "St. Augustine's College, 1938-1958." Typescript. [1958?]. Archives, St. Augustine's College, Raleigh, NC.
Brown, David W. St. Augustine's College Campus. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/ National Park Service, 1980.
Chitty, Arthur Ben. A Brief History of St. Augustine's College. [s.l: s.n., n.d.].
Halliburton, Cecil D. A History of St. Augustine's College 1867-1937. Raleigh, NC: Edwards and Broughton Company, 1937.
Roundtree, Thelma Johnson. Strengthening the Ties that Bind: A History of Saint Augustine's College. Raleigh, NC: St. Augustine's College, 2002.