McCoy Administration Building
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Rust College was founded in 1866. The College's buildings were erected on the site of the Union Army's Civil War Encampment area. Holly Springs is one of the oldest cultural and historic sites of North Mississippi.
The McCoy Administration Building was completed in 1947 and was originally designed and used as classroom space, the library, student services, general administrative offices, and other campus operations. The building was named for the College's eighth president, Dr. Lee Marcus McCoy, who served as the college's chief executive officer for 33 years, from 1924 to 1957. Dr. McCoy was the first alumnus to serve as president and the longest serving president in the history of the College.
The building was accepted to the National Register of Historic Places on March 19, 1998 and went through major exterior and interior renovations in 2002 and 2003. It is currently serves as the general administrative offices for various campus operations.
Sanders, Todd. McCoy Administration Building [Rust College]. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/ National Park Service, 1998.