| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The building has been remodeled a number of times and is in quite good repair, although not handicapped accessible. Its functions have changed over the years, reflecting changes in the College's mission: as a church-related (Congregational) coeducational institution with required daily chapel; as site of the College Commons (1905-1942); as headquarters of a prominent ROTC unit; as a building devoted almost entirely to classrooms and faculty offices.
Ashley, Robert and George H. Miller. Ripon College: A History. Ripon, WI: Ripon College Press, 1990.
Cartwright, Carol Lohry. Ripon College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/ Park Service, 1995.
Peotter, Tonya, Dianne Bell, George Miller, and Louise Schang. "Ripon College Buildings: Past and Present." 1989, revised 1991. Archives, Lane Library, Ripon College, Ripon, WI. Online (2006). http://www.ripon.edu/library/archives/reference/building_ref_man/default.html