| Click on image titles for larger views. |
| Institution Name: Pitzer College |
Original/Historic Place Name: Edythe and Eli Broad Center
Location on Campus: entire campus at 1050 N. Mills Ave.
Date(s) of Construction: Designer: Gwathmey Siegel & Associates (New York)
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Contemporary (Glossary)
Narrative: see below
References: see below
| Materials: |
|Foundation: concrete; metal framing|
|Walls: drywall interior finishes|
|Roof: tar and gravel|
| 1994-present (2006)||museum (Nichols Gallery)|
| 1994-present (2006)||theater (small performance space)|
| 1994-present (2006)||faculty offices|
| 1994-present (2006)||classrooms|
| 1994-present (2006)||administration|
The Edythe and Eli Broad Center was dedicated on November 14, 1994. The building was designed by architects Gwathemy, Seigel and Associates and named in honor of Pitzer College's greatest benefactors.
Broad Center is located at the apex of 12th and Mills Ave. and is the main administrative building of Pitzer College. Housed within are the president's and admissions offices, as well as classrooms, faculty offices, the Nichols Gallery, a performance space, and meeting rooms.