| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built nearly 25 years after the original buildings and designed by a different team of architects, Burrow Library gives an early indication of the college's commitment to the vision of Charles Diehl by maintaining the Collegiate Gothic style. The symbols of the seven liberal arts are carved in the limestone above the front loggia.
Cooper, Raymond W. Southwestern at Memphis 1848-1948. Richmond, VA: John Knox Press, 1949.
Hanbury, Evans, Wright, and Vlattas, and Company, Architects. Rhodes Master Plan 2010. [Norfolk, VA: Hanbury, Evans, Wright, and Vlattas, and Company, Architects, n.d.].
Morgan, William. Collegiate Gothic, The Architecture of Rhodes College. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press, 1989.
Rhodes 150, 1848-1998: a Sesquicentennial Yearbook. Little Rock, AR: August House Publishers, 1998.
Roper, James E. Southwestern at Memphis 1948-1975. Memphis, TN: Southwestern at Memphis, 1975.
Strode, William. Rhodes College. Louisville, KY: Harmony House Publishers, 1985.