| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The original Chemistry Building designed by Pietro Belluschi in 1948 represented an excellent example of post-WWII contemporary architecture. While it did not match the existing Gothic structures, it is a significant building of its time. In 1992, Reed constructed a new Chemistry Building and remodeled this building to house the Psychology Department. The exterior of the building was preserved as an example of this architectural period.
Ritz, Richard E. A History of the Reed College Campus and Its Buildings. Portland, OR: Trustees of the Reed Institute, 1990.