| Click on image titles for larger views. |
| Institution Name: Quincy University |
Original/Historic Place Name: St. Aloysius Orphanage
Location on Campus: 20th St.
Date(s) of Construction:
| 1919||original construction |
Type of Place: Individual building
Style: Beaux-Arts classicism (Glossary)
Narrative: see below
References: see below
| Materials: |
|ca. 1919-1945||other (orphanage; did not belong to Quincy University)|
|ca. 1945-1964||residence hall (men)|
|ca. 1964-present (2006)||academic department building (music)|
Solano Hall began as an orphanage in 1919. It was purchased by Quincy University in 1945 and served as a men's dorm until 1964. Since then it has housed the music department and has been remodeled to include rehearsal rooms, classrooms, faculty offices, and a recital hall. Although in need of renovation, it is in use daily by not only university music students but also by music students from the Quincy schools.