| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
This bell, which was located at the original Clinton High School or Clinton Academy Building in 1880, was later moved across town to the present campus. It was originally mounted on a wooden frame but is now housed in a wooden latticework tower. It is the only remaining feature from the original college property.
Hammet, Ben Hay. The Spirit of Presbyterian College: A Centennial History. Clinton, SC: Presbyterian College, 1982.
South Carolina Department of Archives and History. Thornwell-Presbyterian College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1982.