| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Laurens Hall was built in 1908 as a dormitory. The interior was completely renovated in 1954.
It is a two story Georgian revival building with a central projecting pavilion defined by four Ionic pilasters supporting a broken pediment. The building extends three bays to either side of the pavilion, with flat arches above the windows.
Hammet, Ben Hay. The Spirit of Presbyterian College: A Centennial History. Clinton, SC: Presbyterian College, 1982.
South Carolina Department of Archives and History. Thornwell-Presbyterian College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1982.