Henry Pfeiffer Chapel
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The campus chapel is named for the university's primary benefactor, Henry Pfeiffer, and has been referred to in several school publications as the "heart of the campus." There is little doubt that the Chapel embodies the current vision of the university to "be recognized as the model church-related institution preparing servant leaders for lifelong learning." The Henry Pfeiffer Chapel is the site of weekly religious and cultural events open to students, faculty, and staff campus wide.
Gore, Phyllis W. A Brief History of the Buildings of Pfeiffer College: 1885-1985. [Misenheimer, NC]: Pfeiffer College, 1985.
Hood, Davyd Foard. Pfeiffer Junior College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1999.
Master plan collection. 1957, 1958, 1961, 1967, 1968, and 2000. Archives, Pfeiffer University, Misenheimer, NC.