Clara E. Jones Administration Building
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built in 1924, the Administration Building was the first building on campus. Although the interior has undergone complete renovation, the exterior remains essentially the same.
Outdoors, the east side of the building has a stone plaza; the west has a statue entitled "The Pioneer Preacher," especially appropriate in light of the college's close connection with the United Methodist Church. Burberry hedges, waxleaf ligustrum hedges, pines and spruce, oak and pear trees, and various annuals add seasonal color.
The building is currently undergoing tuckpointing and exterior restoration in order to preserve the oldest campus traditions.
Oklahoma Historical Society. Oklahoma City University. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1978.