| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Nyvall Hall was built and continues as the home of North Park Theological Seminary, the Evangelical Covenant Church's sole graduate theological school. It was named to honor David Nyvall, the school's first president, and it continues the school's founding mission of providing theological instruction and training for clergy.
The Hall contains the Isaacson Chapel and prayer room, the Deans' Lounge, admissions and administrative offices, a classroom, and Nyvall lounge and kitchen. The Glenn Anderson Seminar room, classrooms, and faculty offices are located on the second floor, and faculty offices and preaching lab on the third floor. In the basement are a lunchroom, a Christian education lab/classroom, a lecture hall, and a prayer chapel.
Carlson, Leland H. A History of North Park College, Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary, 1891-1941. Chicago, IL: North Park College, 1941.