Merner Fieldhouse; Pfeiffer Hall; Kaufman Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Pfeiffers (Annie Merner Pfeiffer, Henry Pfeiffer, and Gustavus Pfeiffer) were large donors to North Central College. Three buildings which are still in use today include them as primary sponsors, all of which exemplify their generosity towards higher education institutions in the United States. Merner Fieldhouse is largely the same as built. Pfeiffer Hall has undergone several renovations, the most recent including air conditioning; and Kaufman Hall has undergone the most change. The residence portion of the hall was removed and the dining hall portion enlarged to accommodate the growing resident student body.
Klauder, Charles Z., and Herbert C. Wise. College Architecture in America and Its Part in the Development of the Campus. New York: C. Scribner's Sons, 1929.
North Central College & Naperville: A Shared History, 1870-1995. Naperville, IL: North Central College, 1995.
Roberts, Clarence N. A Clear & Steady Light: A Brief History of North Central College. Naperville, IL: North Central College, 1981.
Roberts, Clarence N. North Central College: A Century of Liberal Education, 1861-1961. Naperville, IL: North Central College, 1960.
Savage, Charles. A College In Its Community. Naperville, IL: North Central College, [n.d.].