| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
In 1906, Andrew Carnegie donated $25,000 to North Central College (then known as North-Western College) for the construction of the first multi-room library in the College's history. Citing the strong connection between the town of Naperville and the College, Carnegie made this rare donation to fund a private institution's library. Carnegie Hall has been used variously throughout the almost 100 years of its existence, its library function replaced in 1954 by the new College & Seminary Library. Carnegie Hall underwent an extensive renovation in 1985 to make the building handicap accessible and to make it environmentally supportive of the computer networks. Carnegie Hall is now the home of the campus technology department and houses the main computer labs for student use, as well as the computer network hardware for the College.
North Central College & Naperville: A Shared History, 1870-1995. Naperville, IL: North Central College, 1995.
Roberts, Clarence N. A Clear & Steady Light: A Brief History of North Central College. Naperville, IL: North Central College, 1981.
Roberts, Clarence N. North Central College: A Century of Liberal Education, 1861-1961. Naperville, IL: North Central College, 1960.
Savage, Charles. A College In Its Community. Naperville, IL: North Central College, [n.d.].