St. Vincent's Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Opened in 1906, the four-story "Collegiate Gothic" structure was originally called "The New Gymnasium." It was named in 1909 after St. Vincent de Paul, founder of the Congregation of the Mission, the religious community of priests and brothers who sponsor the university. When it opened, it housed the second largest indoor swimming pool in the nation and had a gymnasium on the fourth floor used for many years for intercollegiate athletics. Commonly known as "Vinnie's," the building has filled a variety of needs over the years while serving as the main classroom building on campus. The interior was completely gutted and rebuilt over a nine-month period in 2001, opening for the fall semester with state-of-the-art classroom facilities and computer laboratories. The fourth floor of the building is home to the College of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
McKey, Joseph. History of Niagara University and Seminary of Our Lady of Angels 1856-1931. Niagara County, NY: Niagara University, 1931.
Niagara University Alumni Chapel History and Guide. Niagara, NY: Niagara University Office of Public Relations, 1995.
Niagaran Centennial Edition Yearbook. [Niagara, NY: Niagara University], 1956.