Our Lady of Mercy Chapel
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Built in 1923 and rich in architectural style and detail, this three-story brick building rises gradually from a stone foundation and is adorned with multicolored terra cotta trim and roof and tow loggias and crowned with a towering campanile. The Chapel building was designed in Lombardy-Romanesque style complementary to the existing Main Building to which it is adjoined. The worship area on the top floor is a traditional choir chapel richly adorned with carved oak, Sienna marble, and onyx appointments. Windows of stained glass depict scenes from the Old and New Testaments and Saints. Lower floors are used as offices and meeting and instructional areas. The building needs minor renovations but is structurally sound and in good overall condition.
Derck and Edson Associates. Campus Master Plan. [Lititz, PA: Derck and Edson Associates], September 2000.