| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The "Quad" is the original landscape around which the historic Morehouse College campus was first built. It was formerly flanked by Graves, Sale, Robert, Hope and Merrill Halls, the original President's house, Danforth Chapel, and Harkness Hall. Presently, new buildings, including Nabrit-Mapp-McBay Hall, line the quad, and the old President's house has been torn down. The south end of the quad runs into the Clark Atlanta University campus as Harkness Hall, formerly a Morehouse College administrative building now belonging to CAU.
Bacote, Clarence A. The Story of Atlanta University, A Century of Service, 1865-1965. Atlanta, GA: Atlanta University, 1969.
Campus Master Plan, Morehouse College, Atlanta, GA, 2002.
Carter, Edward R. The Black Side; A Partial History of the Business, Religious, and Educational Side of the Negro in Atlanta, Ga. Atlanta, GA, 1894.
Jones, Edward A. A Candle in the Dark, A History of Morehouse College. Valley Forge, PA: Judson Press, 1967.