| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Unlike many buildings on campus, Young Hall is still carrying out its original purpose: that of a men's residence hall. This beautiful building was built in 1929--forty years after the founding of the college itself--and houses 120 men in double occupancy rooms. Young Hall is the oldest remaining residence hall on campus.
The significance of this building lies in the beauty of its architecture. The perfect symmetry of the Hall's facade as well as the terra cotta-on-brick detail work make this building one of the more aesthetically pleasing parts of our campus. Located adjacent to Gregg-Mitchell Field, Young Hall makes an impressive backdrop to a home football game.