| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
First built as a men's dormitory, Carnegie Hall became a classroom and faculty office building in the 1960s. It is the westernmost building of three structures built in the 1910s and offers classical arched windows and doorways. The old student lounge with fireplace has been updated and still provides a meeting place for both students and faculty. The red brick structure has retained its character while serving the college community for almost 100 years.
McKendree College History, 1928-1978. Paducah, KY: Turner Publishing, 1996.
Selected items in College collections (including yearbooks, newspapers, catalogs, clippings). Archives. McKendree College, Lebanon, IL.
Steen, Robert, McKendree College. Lebanon, IL: McKendree College, 1948.
Walton, William A. Centennial McKendree College History with St. Clair County. Lebanon, IL: McKendree College, 1928.