McClung Residence Hall
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
McClung was constructed in 1910 and named for a teacher at Augusta Female Seminary (which eventually became Mary Baldwin College). In addition to teaching, Agnes McClung was also co-principal and assistant to Miss Mary Julia Baldwin.
McClung was completely renovated and modernized in 1998. As the renovation work was proceeding in the spring of 1998, it was discovered that the building had literally engulfed a previous building that once stood in its place. This building was Brick House, which was built in 1869 by Miss Baldwin as a home for herself and other faculty.
Menk, Patricia. To Live in Time: The Sesquicentennial History of Mary Baldwin College. Verona, VA: Mid Valley Press, 1992.