| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Administration Building is the last remaining part of the Manchester College Historic District which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was formerly flanked by Ikenberry and Oakwood, two residence halls, which in the early 1990s were replaced by the new Helman Hall and Oakwood Hall, respectively. The Administration Building is comprised of the two oldest buildings on campus. Bumgerdner Hall, now the east wing, was the original building constructed for classrooms and offices of then North Manchester College in 1889. The west wing of the "Ad" Building, as it is also known, was formerly the Bible School. In 1921, these two buildings were connected with a larger, central portion, creating a unified, single structure. The Administration Building has been renovated several times and currently contains offices, classrooms, and Wampler Auditorium on the west end.
Batzka, Stephen A. Manchester College Historic District. National Register of Historic Places designation report. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service, 1990.
Beginnings and Traditions 80, no. 4 (May 1989).
Jones, Timothy K. Manchester College: A Century of Faith, Learning, and Service. North Manchester, IN: Manchester College, 1989.
The Rarick Daughters. "The Sunken Garden Home of Ralph G. and Vinna C. Rarick." Academic Life 82, no. 1 (1989).