Dillard Fine Arts Center and Daura Art Gallery
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
This structure was named for Rosa and David Hugh Dillard, two individuals devoted to the fine arts. When the facility opened in 1974 it was considered state-of-the-art, and the fine arts faculty has tried to maintain that reputation. The Dillard Theatre provides a regular and varied program for the benefit of the campus and the local community.
In 1990 the Daura Art Gallery was added to the front of the Dillard Fine Arts Center. Named for Pierre Daura, the well-known Spanish painter and former Lynchburg College professor, it was expanded in 1995 to accommodate an enhanced collection. A regular program of preventative maintenance keeps these buildings in first-class condition.
"Lynchburg College, A Beacon of Excellence," A supplement to Lynchburg News and Advance, September 8, 2002.
Potter, Dorothy T. "Walls and Halls, An Architectural History of L. C." In Jubilee: 1903-1978. Lynchburg, VA: Lynchburg College, 1978.