| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The Floyd L. Knight Memorial Library was completed in 1954, and in addition to the college collection of books and periodicals it originally housed the office of the president. The college archives are located in the basement of the building.
In 1969 the John A. Capron Library was added to the rear of the original structure. It contains the Saxton Room that houses rare books and the meeting space for the Board of Trustees. There is also extra stack space and rooms for library support services. The president's office was moved to the Hall Campus Center in 1980.
The library currently houses a scale model of Westover Hall, the original college building. It was completed in April 2003 and presented to the College as part of the Centennial Celebration. A regular program of preventative maintenance keeps these buildings in first-class condition.
"Lynchburg College, A Beacon of Excellence," A supplement to Lynchburg News and Advance, September 8, 2002.
Potter, Dorothy T. "Walls and Halls, An Architectural History of L. C." In Jubilee: 1903-1978. Lynchburg, VA: Lynchburg College, 1978.