Snidow Hall--Hebb Music Center
| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
The chapel was named for Clifton L. Snidow, who was a member of the Board of Trustees from 1931 until 1971 and served as the president of that body from 1942 until 1950. In addition to regular services, the chapel provides a venue for special college events like freshman matriculation and senior baccalaureate.
The Music Center was named for Leon Hebb, a noted Disciples of Christ churchman. It contains classrooms, faculty offices, practice rooms, and a recital hall named for Helen Pesci Wood, Professor of Music from 1942 until 1946.
A program of preventative maintenance keeps this building in first-class condition.
Potter, Dorothy T. "Walls and Halls, An Architectural History of L. C." In Jubilee: 1903-1978. Lynchburg, VA: Lynchburg College, 1978.