| Click on image titles for larger views. || |
Completed in 1954, Hundley Hall was named for Dr. John T. Hundley, the fourth president of the college, who served from 1915 to 1936. It was the first structure designated solely as a dormitory for female students, although at present it is a co-educational facility. Hundley also houses administrative offices and the college health center, which moved there in 1970, and it is currently the oldest dormitory on the Lynchburg College campus. A regular program of preventative maintenance keeps this building in first-class condition.
Potter, Dorothy T. "Walls and Halls, An Architectural History of L. C." In Jubilee: 1903-1978. Lynchburg, VA: Lynchburg College, 1978.
Potter, Edmund D. "The Westover Hotel." M. A. thesis, University of Virginia, 1995.
Wake, Orville. "The First Fifty Years, A History of Lynchburg College." Ph.D. dissertation, University of Virginia, 1957.